Wednesday 6 October 2010

Oriental

Here are the final interior repeats of my oriental projects. I was developing with different techniques for my patterns and backgrounds. This was the first time I had developed my ideas into interior repeats and I really enjoyed it.



Below, are my final fashion garment designs for the same project. I used a range of hand embroidery, machine embroidery and printing techniques techniques.

Stitch, with both hand and machine embroidery, on top layer of silk organza. The bottom layer is brush-dyed cotton.

Tree motif printed with devore on devore cotton. Orchids stiched using hand and machine embroidery.

Pattern brushed on discharge and illuminated discharge on black cotton. Fish motif made using reverse applique amd silk. Hand and machine stitch around pattern.

No comments:

Post a Comment