Wednesday 6 October 2010

Exotic

My first project last year was an interiors project for furnishing fabrics. I chose the exotic trend because I enjoy working with bright colours and it was the trend that excited me the most at the time. I really loved this project and was really happy with the final outcome of it. This project was also selected to take part in the Bradford Textiles Competition.

Initial drawing using a wide range of media

Final design painted using gouache paints.

Final sample prints
On dyed silk using illuminated discharge and pigment paste. Sprayed on formusol and water mix for a textured background colour.

Printed on cotton using illuminated discharge and pigment paste.

Printed on cotton using pigment paste and foil glue then ironed on foil.

Collection of final prints. Top sample printed on silk using pigment paste and flocked top layer.

No comments:

Post a Comment